Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Versailles, France

We left Munich, and had a connecting flight that had a layover in Dusseldorf, which was a very boring airport. But anyway, we got into Versailles, and my friend from high school that is studying Architecture there through the University of Illinois met us at the train station to take us back to her apartment. We stopped and got kebabs (my first one) which was very good! 


Today is Ash Wednesday, so we went to St. Michel's Church for mass. Every word was in French, so I had no idea what was going on, but I got my ashes! After mass, we stopped and got breakfast at a bakery, and then headed over to the Palace of Versailles, which was essentially across the street from her apartment which was convenient. 
Andrea and I in front of the Palace
Being a tourist in front of the Palace
Inside the hall of mirrors
We did not stay there for very long because we wanted to make our way into Paris, so we got on the train, which is about a 45 minute ride. 


Slainte! 

No comments:

Post a Comment