![]() |
| My home and alma mater for the next four months.. |
So i guess it would help if I first of all explained the name of my blog. "Craic" pronounced like the word "crack" is a word used a LOT here in Ireland, it basically just means "fun" or "good time" ... we usually here it in the form, "Wanna have some craic?" or "Whats the craic tonight?!" .. a little strange to get used to.
Here are some other things they say that I find interesting:
- Banjaxed - broken, as in "That toilet is banjaxed" or "Ouch! My knee is banjaxed!"
- Bogger / Culchie - refers to someone from the country, not from the city of Dublin
- Yonks - means a really long time, "I was in that queue for yonks!"
- Holy show - made an ass out of oneself in a big way ... "Brian really put on a holy show at the pub last night!"
- Acting the maggot - acting silly, in a slightly annoying way
Back to the story of my life. This week went by fast! A full week of classes is over, thank God for no classes on Friday! I'm sure you are all dying to know which classes I'm taking, so here's the list: Financial Accounting Ireland style, Irish History from Colony to Republic, International Marketing, and Business Excellence. Classes were not bad, and the Quinn School of Business is a really nice building. It's just like being back in Champain at BIF.
Last night "Team USA" and I went to Dicey's, which is a club-style bar here in Dublin. A lot of other international students went too, it was a lot of fun and a great way for us to get to meet more students! The 3 euro drink specials were a plus too.
![]() |
| Clearly I was "Acting the Maggot" and "Putting on a Holy Show" at Dicey's last night...(the other "Yanks" in the picture are other Illini) |
Now I'm off to work on my online Marketing class homework with some friends, can't wait...NOT. But anyway, keep checking back to my blog, I have a lot of European adventures in store, and yesterday I booked my flight to London, England to visit my friend February 10 - 13! Tomorrow we are headed to St. Michan's Church, the Guinness Storehouse, which I am PUMPED about, and then ending the night with a traditional Irish dinner where there will be traditional Irish music and dancing. Maybe I can get up on the stage and put that one day of Irish dancing class I had to go to to use?
If it's not apparent through my blogging, let me just tell you I am having a BLAST here in Dublin. I'm so grateful that I was able to study abroad here and that my parents were so willing to help me make it a reality!
Also, since I ended my last post with a delicious food I tried (because I apparently live to eat, whereas most people eat to live) ... here's a rather embarassing picture of me enjoying my new favorite dessert -- a MAGNUM WHITE bar ... they are so good, so much better than any ice cream I've had in America. Until next time... slainte!
If it's not apparent through my blogging, let me just tell you I am having a BLAST here in Dublin. I'm so grateful that I was able to study abroad here and that my parents were so willing to help me make it a reality!
Also, since I ended my last post with a delicious food I tried (because I apparently live to eat, whereas most people eat to live) ... here's a rather embarassing picture of me enjoying my new favorite dessert -- a MAGNUM WHITE bar ... they are so good, so much better than any ice cream I've had in America. Until next time... slainte!
![]() |
| OM NOM NOM... |



No comments:
Post a Comment