First things first -- I just found out my parents booked their flights to visit me for the end of March, so I get to see them soon, and then my sister is coming a little bit after them! I'm really excited!
Back to blogging:
After Friday's adventures, we were all pretty worn out, so this weekend was pretty relaxing and laid back. We still managed to make it into town Saturday night to a pub and restaurant called Messrs Maguire, or "Messrs" for short. It was a really cool place with multiple floors. We asked some Irish people near the bus stop if they knew where it was, but they just told us we didn't want to go there, its for tourists. We replied "That's exactly why we want to go there". They played popular American music, and even threw in some randoms like Mambo No. 5... best place ever right?
![]() |
| It was a pretty cool place, definitely a place to stop at on a weekend, and its right on the River Liffey. |
Monday was a very exciting day, but not because of my accounting lecture like you would think...I booked my flights for spring break!! We are flying from Dublin to Munich, then to Paris, then Barcelona, then Amsterdam before I head back home to Dublin! I have a feeling my blogging will be pretty interesting after that week!
As for today, it was a pretty good day...when it started. I had an accounting quiz which went well, then my international marketing class, which was pretty interesting, and he even gave out candy to us for participation! (Yes, I am five years old). After reading up on some Irish history homework, we had our first Irish Language class tonight! It was pretty interesting, and we learned how to say basic phrases such as:
- Conas ata tu? ... How are you?
- An bhfuil tu go maith? ... Are you well?
- Cad is ainm duit? ... What is your name?
- Agus tu Fein? .... And yourself?
- Go holc ... not well
Other exciting things: My friends and I play on the co-ed softball team here, and it's been fun, we've only had practice so far but have some games coming up and we are headed to a game in Limerick later in the semester. Also, I found out today that I'll be going to Country Thunder this summer with other guys from my fraternity. So today hasn't been that bad after all!
Slainte!
.


No comments:
Post a Comment