So today marks the end of my first week in Dublin. It's been a blast! So far I have been on a walking tour of Dublin where we got to learn a lot about Dublin's history and kind of get to know my way around town. I'm staying on campus just a bus ride away from downtown at University College Dublin. The campus is awesome, and my apartment-dorm is pretty nice. Check out my slide show at the top of the page to see some of the pictures I've taken so far. So far, we've done a lot of exploring to get to know our way around, and have definitely taken advantage of the pubs, restaurants, and nightlife that comes along with the city of Dublin. My friends and I found a place to watch the Bears win on Sunday, which gave me a little taste of home. As of yesterday, I am officially registered with immigration, and I am excited to continue exploring the city and all of Ireland/Europe! We started class on Monday so I've been pretty busy preparing and getting everything I need for that. All of my friends back home started class today too, and even though I am having the time of my life in Ireland, I keep finding myself missing Champaign, my friends, and especially my family when I have little breaks between the madness. But theres plenty here to do to keep me busy!
I'll keep this post short and pretty general since I started blogging so late, but I wanted to get this set up. Stay tuned, I have a lot of adventures planned throughout the semester, the next one being the Guinness Storehouse this Friday...bye!
| P.S. I tried Guinness stew at an Irish Pub in Temple Bar called Quay's ... it was delicious. |
No comments:
Post a Comment